WENDT has an exclusive strategic partnership with the industry’s leading manufacturer of replacement rotors, Bowe Machine Company. Our complete line of DISC and Spider automobile shredder rotors are precision engineered for performance, increased durability, and a lower cost per shredded ton providing an unbeatable value. With 500 rotors installed worldwide, nearly 70% of the most productive shredder operators rely upon a WENDT/Bowe rotor for their success.
Features & Benefits
- WENDT’s exclusive partnership with Bowe Machine Company as our automobile shredder rotor supplier allows us to remain committed to manufacturing the highest-quality rotor available. With over 50 years of experience and 500 rotors shipped to date, we provide the best “on time” delivery record.
- Proprietary rotor design stays one step ahead of the industry by revolutionizing how our rotors are manufactured. With close-tolerance machining and state-of-the-art assembly techniques, coupled with an optimized supply chain as a result of the volume of rotors we build, ensures that our customers receive the highest-quality rotors at the lowest cost.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and computerized solid modeling are done to create a rotor design that is more robust and capable of lasting longer than any other manufacturer.
- Rotor plate material is a specially developed alloy tool steel WENDT 360 material rolled, quench & tempered to supply the toughest abrasion resistant range of 360-444 Brinnell hardness throughout the full cross section of the plate.
- Rotor shaft material ASE 4340 forged steel quenched and tempered to 277-321 Brinnell harness. This allows the shaft to be more flexible in the shredding operation to minimize bending and breaking.
- Disc spacers are one-piece cast alloy steel and are ground flat to a close tolerance. This will help to achieve parallel spacing between the rotor discs and ensure maximum contact with the discs.
- Tie rods are design-engineered material fitted with adjustable tension nuts and precision machined slug nuts allowing for easy maintenance and checking for proper tie rod pre-load.
- Final Assembly of the rotor in Bowe’s new state of the art 32,000 sq. ft. rotor assembly facility allows us to ensure quality. All discs are assembled to the rotor shaft with an interference fit. Precision cut keys ensure a tight rotor stack assembly. This means higher precision at a lower cost.
WENDT Parts & Service
WENDT Shredder Optimization
DISC Rotor 360° Animation
Need parts or service? Our support team is here to back you.