We are always on the lookout for talented and career-oriented candidates to join our team. As a family-run business since 1977, we strive to create a rewarding and collaborative environment for all our staff.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Apply on-line using the careers form on the right or contact our Human Resources Department by mail.
Attention: Human Resources
2555 Walden Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14225
As a member of the technical staff, the Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for the design and development of control systems for metal processing equipment from product conceptualization through end user training. The individual will work with direction from the Electrical Engineering Manager and will interact with other Mechanical and Electrical Engineers as well as the field implementation team, site Program Manager, and Customer to ensure that the end product is operating to the customer’s standard. A strong desire for being hands on is essential to the success of this role along with being able to effectively communicate with all levels of the WENDT CORPORATION staff and customers. This position requires multiple site visits throughout the lifecycle of a customer’s project.
- Conceptualize, engineer, specify, and commission control systems as a lead engineer.
- Design of electrical schematics and other project documents using AutoCAD, Excel, and Word.
- Onsite and remote PLC programming.
- Deliver training to end user customers.
- Provide direct technical support to customers and colleagues in the field. Ensure customer satisfaction at all times is a priority.
- Efficiently manage multiple active projects at varying stages of progress.
- Development of quotes for new sales and service opportunities.
- Up to 30% travel to customer sites, both domestic and internationally.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in schematic design using AutoCAD. AutoCAD Electrical preferred.
- Five (5) years PLC programming experience using Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 and RSLogix 500.
- Five (5) years of HMI touch screen programming and experience using FactoryTalk View ME/SE.
- Five (5) years of Engineering experience designing and implementing electrical systems for large manufacturing or industrial equipment. Specific experience in the scrap metal, mining, or quarry industries preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience with each of the following; electrical engineering analysis, supporting calculations, wire sizing, and voltages.
- Experienced as an electrician doing wiring and I/O check out.
- Very strong customer interaction and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Advanced computer skills, such as; PC OS/admin, installing/repairing industrial networks (ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet) and similar skills.
- Any hydraulic experience preferred.
- Any mechanical experience preferred.
- Willingness to participate in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Any formal safety training preferred. Must have a clean safety record.
- Must be comfortable working with high voltages.
The Regional Sales Representative (RSR) is the front-line contact between the company and our customer base within a specific geographic region. This individual has significant experience of various scrap metal processes and systems as well as different scrap feedstocks, and output commodities produced. The RSR will engage with existing and potential customers with a primary focus to grow sales and grow our customer base within their assigned territory. The RSR’s activities are key to growing WENDT’s sales and footprint, maintaining relationships with existing customers and building successful relationships with new customers. Additional key objectives of the RSR are to:
- Ensure WENDT is aware and able to compete on all potential shredder, non-ferrous and wire chopping capital projects at each shredder location in their territory.
- Increase rotor, equipment-only and standard processing system sales in assigned territory while also growing castings/wear parts sales.
- Understand the management structure, currently installed equipment, business goals and objectives (short term/long term) of each customer in the assigned territory.
1. Present, promote and sell products/services using content developed by WENDT Business Development Managers, knowledge of customers operational needs, industry knowledge and general sales acumen.
2. Take the lead on rotor/casting, equipment only, standardized solution, and standard equipment with optional custom integration sales opportunities within your assigned territory.
3. Support Business Development Managers on custom project work sales opportunities within your assigned territory.
4. Understand the business case behind your customer’s needs and our recommended solutions and be able to display and articulate why our solutions offer optimal value.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with existing customers and build successful relationships with new customers.
6. Perform customer site visits with the intention of identifying customer needs, developing relationships and progressing current sales opportunities.
a. Responsible for communicating technical details from the field back to
WENDT, specifically to Business
Development, Technical Support, and Management.
b. Responsible for developing sales opportunities on site and selling the
value of a WENDT solution.
7. Utilize Wendt implemented systems for logging, tracking and documenting progress on your sales opportunities from inception through close.
8. Responsible for ensuring WENDT has knowledge of all sales opportunities in your assigned territory.
9. Coordinate sales efforts with the Business Development Managers, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Technical Support, Service and other members of the sales team.
10. Work with Technical Support and Service groups to expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
11. Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Ten (10) years minimum Scrap Recycling industry-specific experience.
• Five (5) years in a Customer Service/Sales position desirable.
Has a clear understanding of the Automobile Shredder and Scrap Recycling industries.
• Has an understanding of basic scrap recycling processes and the commodities they generate
• Has an understanding of best practices, best available technology and equipment used in the Automobile Shredder and Scrap Recycling industries.
• Skilled in establishing, fostering and maintaining customer relationships with openness to feedback
• Ability to communicate technical information to customers and staff members in a clear and concise manner.
• Understands how the organization fits into the industry as a whole and the links to related industries.
• Knowledge of MS Office and MS Teams
• Excellent communication skills
• Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
• Relationship management skills
• Diagnose and repair equipment either in our own shop or by travelling to the location of the customer.
• Install and commission new equipment at the customer site.
• Ensure customer satisfaction at all times as a priority.
• Test and calibrate equipment to ensure it is meeting minimum performance standards.
• Provide telephone, email, and text support to the customer in order to perform troubleshooting or training.
• When not in the field, perform equipment assembly and test in the shop to support manufacturing and/or any other work in the shop for which they are qualified.
• Supervise, instruct, direct, and assign work to shop employees who may be at a customer site assisting with work there and be responsible for the work they oversee.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the equipment and processes by providing timely and organized feedback to the company.
• Prepare and distribute required reports in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as requested by your supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Advanced vocational degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the industrial equipment industry
• Experience traveling to perform service or installations preferred
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, hydraulic schematics, and electrical schematics.
• Basic computer skills for email, word processing, and using the internet.
• Advanced computer skills preferred, such as; PC OS/admin, installing/repairing networks, and similar skills.
• Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and/or vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
• Advanced mechanical aptitude, preferably with heavy machine building experience.
• Advanced hydraulic and/or electrical installation and/or repair experience preferred.
• Basic rigging experience. Advanced experience with large outdoor lifts preferred.
• Clean safety record. Certifications and advanced training preferred.
• Ability to calculate and acquire dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
• Basic working knowledge of PLC’s. Advanced experience and basic programming abilities preferred.
• Ability to travel frequently (>50%), sometimes with short notice, and potentially long durations.
• Ability to leave the country.
• Utilize mastery of solid modeling skills to design, assemble, engineer, and detail models.
• Work with Project Management to ensure products are released and available in a timely matter to meet project schedule.
• Provide engineering and create technical documentation necessary to satisfy project requirements, as directed by the Project Manager or Engineering Manager
• Provide technical support to the manufacturing team and foster an environment that encourages suggestions and product improvements from the manufacturing team.
• Employ Design for Manufacturing (DFM) rules to achieve maximum cost benefit to produce parts and assemblies.
• Leverage commonality and library components to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
• Effectively support and strengthen the company’s positive brand image in both written and verbal communications with clients, colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
• Demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement with a strong desire to eliminate waste and non-value-added processes using Lean principles.
• Light travel, both domestically and internationally.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar curriculum or equivalent work experience is required.
• 3-5 years project/design engineering experience preferred
• Proficient in Autodesk Inventor or equivalent solid modeling software.
• Highly skilled in solid and parametric modeling, as well as solid modeling data management.
• Knowledge in structural software RISA and Tekla preferred.
• FEA experience preferred.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes; welding, steel fabrication, plate cutting, and machining.
• Willingness to participate in a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in any kind process equipment design preferred. Such as; mining, aggregate, agriculture, or similar.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.