We are always on the lookout for talented and career-oriented candidates to join our team. As a family-run business since 1977, we strive to create a rewarding and collaborative environment for all our staff.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Apply on-line using the careers form on the right or contact our Human Resources Department by mail.
Attention: Human Resources
2555 Walden Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14225
• Demonstrate consistent professional leadership and strategic thinking.
• The safety of yourself, your direct reports, and all the people you work with.
• Establish and maintain KPI’s for the department as well as for each direct report.
• Consistently analyze Department’s overall value proposition to ensure maximum productivity is being obtained from all resources.
• Work closely with the Engineering Manager to identify and define department strategy and goals to support the continuous improvement of the Engineering Department.
• Utilize mastery of structural steel design software to design and detail structures to fulfill customer requirements.
• Collaborate with internal and external engineers as needed to validate design meet codes and standards.
• Responsible to work with manufacturing department and sub-contractors to ensure design intent is understood and quality is met.
• Work with Project Management to ensure products are released and available in a timely matter to meet schedule.
• Able to both create designs from scratch as well as repurpose existing design concepts into new ones.
• Employ Design for Manufacturing (DFM) practices to achieve maximum cost benefit to produce parts and assemblies.
• Leverage commonality and library components to minimize risk and maximize profitability.
• Travel to Supplier, Partner, and Customer sites as needed to ensure quality and performance.
• Attract, hire, and grow talented employees.
• Perform your role as an individual contributor in such a manner so that it sets the bar for others to follow.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 10 or more years of progressive experience in a related role.
• Experience working for an OEM or a steel fabricator is preferred.
• Some supervisory experience preferred.